ISO Quality Accreditation
Barwon Health, Clinical Engineering is committed to improving quality of managing medical equipment throughout its life cycle. Customer satisfaction and patient safety are at the forefront of our strategic direction. We collaborate with all stakeholders to achieve this, by understanding their needs and expectations. As a department under Barwon Health, our vision, mission and values are in line with the organization.
The management of the department is committed to provide the required leadership to maintain and enhance the quality management system. Concern for quality and compliance is built into our work. The quality policy is communicated and understood by staff across the department. All staff members are involved in continuously improving our quality management system.
Barwon Health, Clinical Engineering has established, documented and maintains a process driven quality management system that is appropriate to its involvement in the management of medical equipment and technologies. Our management processes conform to the quality management standard ISO 9001:2015.
The quality policy sets out the framework to carry out department’s operations in line with Clinical Engineering strategic direction. Our strategic priorities are the objectives for quality management system. These priorities are re-evaluated at least once in every 3 years to realign strategic direction as required.
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Maintain compliance to regulatory requirements to ensure patient safety and manage risks
- Effectively manage available financial, human, infrastructure and outsourced resources for enhanced service delivery
- Develop staff and enhance employee engagement
- Continuously improve our processes to enhance effectiveness of the quality management system